Open Door Grants
Open Door Grants provide flexible operating and program grants to support compelling needs and opportunities to Lancaster County nonprofit partners. Lincoln Community Foundation recognizes the valued role these partners play in an economically and socially prosperous and thriving community.
Grants may be applied to operations, programs or capital projects and will include (but are not limited to) areas of arts and culture, community improvement, education and youth, environment and animals, and health and human services.
Highlights of LCF’s Open Door Grant Process:
- This is an open cycle, so applications will be accepted throughout the year and reviewed monthly (final day to submit applications each year is November 30).
- Nonprofits may apply for one Open Door Grant per calendar year.
- Grants will be awarded up to $10,000.
- The application process is simplified—no need to hire a grant writer! [View the application questions]
- Nonprofits must be a 501c3 public charity or other organizations recognized by the IRS as those that may receive tax-deductible gifts. They also must be located or provide services in Lincoln/Lancaster County. LCF will not grant to organizations that discriminate as to race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, creed or ethnic group, and applications will not be considered for religious or political purposes.
- A simplified evaluation will be requested one year after a grant award.
Applicants will be evaluated based on the following framework:
- Community Impact - Is the nonprofit's work contributing to a socially and economically prosperous Lincoln/Lancaster County for all residents, and does it address a clear and compelling need/opportunity?
- Equity and Inclusion - Is the nonprofit proactively and intentionally working with systematically marginalized communities and populations to ensure equitable opportunities to realize economic and social prosperity?
- Organization Size and Financial Stability - Does the nonprofit manage resources efficiently?
- Reputation - Does the nonprofit have a reputation for impact and ethical standards in the community?
Nonprofits may apply when it makes strategic sense for their organization’s fiscal calendar. Applicants will create an account on the Blackbaud Award Management platform in order to save and submit an application. If you have an existing Blackbaud Award Management account, you can use that to submit an Open Door application.
Questions? Contact the Vice President for Community Outreach at 402-474-2345 or via email.
Open Door Grant Application
See Grants Previously Awarded »