Beyond the Grant
Lincoln Community Foundation is more than a local grantmaking organization. Many nonprofits know us first for our Open Door Grants program or Give to Lincoln Day, but LCF offers other services and support for our local nonprofit partners and houses of worship.
- Invest your reserves in a way that allows access to funds when needs and opportunities arise.
- Create a long-term, permanent funding stream by creating an operating endowment.
- Let LCF handle investment responsibility by plugging into our existing structure.
- We can help your donors make complex, large or lasting gifts (endowments) to benefit your organization in perpetuity.
- Use LCF staff as a resource for gift planning questions or education for your staff, board or donors.
- Align with the overall mission of LCF to support charitable purposes, provide public benefits and advance social change in Lancaster County. Examples include loans and loan guarantees for nonprofit organizations.
- Programs that strengthen local nonprofits and invest in their sustainability. LCF works with Cause Collective on a variety of programs, such as board training and matching, succession planning and fundraising capacity building.
Cause Collective Member Services
- Bi-monthly newsletter and monthly member meetings that build knowledge and trust in Lincoln’s nonprofit community.
- More than 20 training sessions and other educational services for members to learn and grow. Training sessions are heavily discounted for member organizations. Some of the educational opportunities provided cover topics such as:
- Board trainings and board matching program
- Skill share program (1:1 mentoring)
- Succession planning
- Fundraising capacity building and diversification
- Organize and educate nonprofit members on advocacy and public policy best practices to ensure nonprofits know how to effectively state their case with elected officials.
A full list of services and benefits can be found here: www.causecollectivelincoln.org.