The words Lincoln Forever convey the fondness that those who have made gifts to and through Lincoln Community Foundation (LCF) have always held for this community. The mission of LCF is to provide leadership and resources to help build a great city. Our role is to help donors accomplish their philanthropic goals, support nonprofit organizations that improve our quality of life, and foster community collaboration to address challenges and opportunities.
Since 1955, LCF has been privileged to be part of many wonderful legacies by matching community needs with the passions of our donors. We serve as a faithful steward for many types of philanthropic gifts and help donors create lasting legacies of giving. With gifts of all sizes from thousands of donors over the years, the assets of LCF have grown to more than $110 million.
Lincoln Community Foundation is accredited by the National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations®. This program represents a community foundation’s commitment to go above and beyond federal and state law requirements to demonstrate accountability and excellence to communities, policymakers, and the public.
The Lincoln Community Foundation building serves as headquarters for a variety of community organizations, including LCF, which owns and manages the building. In 1964, Woods Charitable Fund made a gift of $1.35 million to purchase the land and erect our building at 15th and N Streets. LCF was asked to serve as owner with the understanding that space be leased to nonprofit organizations at “below market” rates. Over a dozen nonprofits call the LCF building home today, and two conference rooms may be used by any local nonprofit free of charge.